DUBLIN, January 31, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — “The 500 Largest Cellular IoT Projects Worldwide – 5th Edition” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
This report includes a compiled list of the top 500 cellular IoT projects in the world. The database includes the size and geographic distribution of projects by the end of 2020, as well as a 5-year forecast for each individual project.
The information included on each of them are mainly company name and location, project name and type, website address, IoT vertical, number of connections per region (including 5-year forecasts) and the operators involved. These 500 projects represent 419 million subscriptions at the end of 2020, or approximately 24% of the total cellular IoT connections in the world.
The analyst presents a unique database covering the top 500 cellular IoT deployments identified through the company’s world-class IoT market research activities since 2004. The comprehensive list includes various project types and categories of products deployed in all types of vertical markets, including automotive OEM. , automotive replacement, transportation and logistics, utilities, infrastructure, buildings and security, retail, industrial, consumer electronics, healthcare and others.
The projects included in the top 500 list together represent approximately 418.5 million active cellular IoT connections. This corresponds to no less than 24.1% of the total number of cellular IoT connections worldwide at the end of 2020. No less than 80 deployments on the list have exceeded 1 million units, and the top 10 projects represent nearly 137 million units.
Transportation & Logistics is the largest vertical by number of projects on the top list, followed by Automotive Aftermarket, Retail, Utilities, Buildings & Safety, Automotive OEM, healthcare and industry. When comparing the number of active units represented by each vertical for the entries in the top 500 list, automotive OEM is instead the largest vertical, accounting for 125.9 million units, ahead of transportation and manufacturing. logistics with 88.8 million units and utilities representing 86.5 million units. .
The North American and European markets account for 105.6 million units and 106.0 million units of active M2M/IoT units, respectively, across all of the top verticals. The Rest of the World market also represents 176.1 million units. Over the next five years, the top 500 projects are expected to grow from an aggregated total of 418.5 million units to 842.0 million units worldwide by 2025. This corresponds to a overall compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.0%.
The 500 projects in the list are expected to reach 842 million units by 2025 in the coming years, corresponding to an overall compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.0%. “No less than 80 IoT projects on the list have exceeded one million subscriptions and the top 10 projects alone account for nearly 137 million units”, Mr. Andersson continued.
- Detailed data in Excel format on the 500 largest M2M/IoT deployments identified worldwide.
- Practical information including companies involved, headquarters location and website for each deployment
- Categorization of each project by the main M2M/IoT vertical.
- Geographic breakdown detailing the number of active cellular IoT connections by region and by project
- Forecasts on future developments for each deployment until 2025.
- Comments from analysts on the methodology and summary of the main results.
This database answers the following questions
- What are currently the largest M2M/IoT projects deployed in the global market?
- What is the geographic breakdown of top M2M/IoT deployments by region?
- Which projects are expected to experience the highest growth rates over the next five years?
- Among the M2M/IoT verticals, which ones have the most large-scale deployments?
- How will the Top 500 list grow in the future as constituent deployments progress?
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kpkph8
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets