Avenu Tech is a niche fintech, headquartered in the United States and development team in South Africa. We combine exceptional technology, talent, best practices and strategic relationships with breakthrough solutions.
As cloud services take over the industry, we are looking for a strong engineer with extensive experience in database administration and migration to AWS, to lead this exciting internal project! The DBA/Cloud Engineer will work as a key player in the team in supporting, designing and building a highly scalable cloud environment, as well as designing, supporting and administering databases systems.
Plus, you work as part of a tight-knit team that has a passion for innovative technologies and a drive to grow the business to new heights, from the comfort of your own home!
- South African identity card or valid RSA work permit
- Relevant IT-related qualification
- Minimum 3 years of experience in database administration with technologies such as MySQL / MS SQL / PostgresSQL
- Minimum 2 years of Linux administration and troubleshooting experience
- Cloud experience with technologies such as AWS
- Experience with on-premises to cloud migrations advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage daily operations, processes and projects related to database infrastructure.
- Take care of queued tickets and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Respond and assist internal customers for any technical request.
- Install, upgrade and manage databases
- Manage database security and access control
- Create automation for repetitive database tasks
Work with the Technical Operations team to configure monitoring, alerts and graphs for database systems
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
Administration and basic/advanced troubleshooting of MySQL, MariaDB, PostgresDB and MSSQL databases – both on premise and in the “cloud”.
- Investigate any anomaly in capacity resources, identify the cause, and resolve the problem without affecting other processes.
- Use CLI/GUI tools to troubleshoot and navigate issues.
- Troubleshoot replication errors
- Monitoring database error logs, slow query logs
Participate and contribute to the efforts of the technical operations department. (Stability, security, automation, etc.).
- Contribute and assist in the creation/deployment of new VM environments.
- Contribute and assist in the creation/deployment of new physical environments.
- Advanced knowledge and database administration. (MySQL / MSSQL / PostgresSQL / MariaDB)
- Database backups, replication, failover and disaster recovery planning.
- Planning for high availability.
- Contribute to and implement secure and stable database environments. (MySQL / MSSQL / PostgresSQL / MariaDB)
- Data Architecture
- Establish standards and best practices
- Query and Performance Tuning
- Information Lifecycle Management
- Roadmap planning
Participate in the 24×7 on-call rotation.
- Acknowledge and respond to all alerts.
- Climbing if necessary.
- Ensure the least amount of downtime for any service, application, database, and hardware equipment.
What sets Avenu Tech apart from your average Joe workplace? We believe in fostering healthy relationships, as well as trust and value for our employees.
Employee benefits include above-market base salaries, health coverage, risk coverage, pension contribution, paid vacation and additional paid vacation.
If you want to learn more about Avenu Tech, visit our website at [URL Removed] and to apply send your detailed CV to [Email Address Removed]
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful for this position.
Desired work experience:
Find out more/Apply to this position